News & Announcements
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Advanced Instrumentation Summer Workshop - Nano Farbrication Service Core
- August 22 2014 at 2:30 PMEngineering, College ofThe Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to host the next Advanced Instrumentation Summer 2014 Workshop on August 22, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. in the Engineering Building's Hall of Fame. Dr. Mark Cheng, director of WSU's Nano Fabrication Core (nFab) and associate professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, will discuss the dual-beam focused ion beam system (FIB) that is available at nFab. The nFab is equipped with the state-of-the-art micro and nanofabrication equipment for thin film coating, device prototyping and material characterization. The addition of FIB enables nanoscale patterning, ion milling and deposition within 20nm resolution, depending on the process and materials. This workshop will start with a presentation by Dr. Cheng followed by a tour of the facility. The presentation includes a brief introduction of the micro/nanotechnologies, cleanroom capabilities, and potential application of FIB. Attendees are encouraged to bring samples to take high-resolution imaging using the FIB. The lecture and tour is open to all students, faculty and staff. Registration is required to attend this event.
- Pharmacy and Health Sciences Monthly Information Meeting
- September 2 2014 at 6:00 PM259 Mack Ave., Detroit, MIMonthly Information Meetings are designed to answer questions about the educational opportunities available in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Degree Programs reviewed at the Information meeting include: Anatomic Pathologists’ Assistant Clinical Laboratory Science Forensics Investigation Mortuary Science/Funeral Directors Program Occupational Therapy Pharmacy Physical Therapy Physician Assistant Studies Radiation Therapy Technology Radiologist Assistant Radiologic Technology You should plan on attending a meeting if you: Want to know more about admissions requirements and prerequisites to each program Like working with people Enjoy the sciences Like a challenging work environment Want to help people Want to schedule an appointment with a counselor Monthly Meetings begin promptly at 6:00pm the first Tuesday of every month in the lower level of the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Auditorium. Parking is available in Parking Structure 7 for $6.00 directly west of the building. Please enter at the Brady Street (North) entrance as the Mack Avenue (South) entrance is always locked. The meeting has a structured format. It is important to be on time so as not to miss important information. PLEASE NOTE: The Brady Street entrance locks at 6:30pm and you will not be able to enter the building after that time.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar: Title TBA
- September 10 2014 at 4:00 PMApplebaum BuildingPresented by Dr. Berhane Seyoum, Assoc. Prof. of Medicine, Medical Director of Diabetes Programs, Interim Chief Division of Endocrinology, Wayne State School of Medicine
- More Events