News & Announcements
- Currently no news
- News Archive
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar: New Opportunities for the Regional and Systemic Delivery of Drugs to and through the Lungs
- January 28 2015 at 4:00 PMApplebaum BuildingPresented by Dr. Sandro R. P. da Rocha, PhD, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Wayne State University
- Knowledge on Tap: Prof. Marvin Zalman explores wrongful conviction in America and discusses podcast â€˜Serialâ€™
- January 28 2015 at 5:30 PMSeva RestaurantThe topic of wrongful imprisonment has gained national notoriety with the podcast Serial, a spinoff of the radio program This American Life. On Jan. 28, Wayne State University criminal justice Professor Marvin Zalman will explore the show, wrongful convictions in the U.S. and what’s being done to help the innocent who are incarcerated. Join us at 5:30 p.m. at Midtown’s Seva Restaurant for WSU’s popular speaker series, Knowledge on Tap. The presentation begins at 6 p.m. Seva is located at 66 E. Forest Ave.Zalman came to Wayne State in 1980 as chair of the then new Department of Criminal Justice. Prior to that, he taught at the Criminal Justice Department at Michigan State University and in the law faculty at Ahmadu Bello University in northern Nigeria. For the last decade he studied many facets of wrongful conviction and has published many research articles and scholarly papers.Knowledge on Tap consists of live — and lively — discussions with some of Detroit’s greatest minds. The events, held bimonthly at various Midtown restaurants and bars, feature an informal presentation by a distinguished Wayne State faculty member on a topic of their choice, followed by dynamic conversation.All Knowledge on Tap events are free, open to the public — all ages welcome — and require no educational background.
- Pharmacy and Health Sciences Monthly Information Meeting
- February 3 2015 at 6:00 PM259 Mack Ave., Detroit, MIMonthly Information Meetings are designed to answer questions about the educational opportunities available in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Degree Programs reviewed at the Information meeting include: Anatomic Pathologists’ Assistant Clinical Laboratory Science Forensics Investigation Mortuary Science/Funeral Directors Program Occupational Therapy Pharmacy Physical Therapy Physician Assistant Studies Radiation Therapy Technology Radiologic Technology You should plan on attending a meeting if you: Want to know more about admissions requirements and prerequisites to each program Like working with people Enjoy the sciences Like a challenging work environment Want to help people Want to schedule an appointment with a counselor Monthly Meetings begin promptly at 6:00pm the first Tuesday of every month in the lower level of the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Auditorium. Parking is available in Parking Structure 7 for $6.00 directly west of the building. Please enter at the Brady Street (North) entrance as the Mack Avenue (South) entrance is always locked. The meeting has a structured format. It is important to be on time so as not to miss important information. PLEASE NOTE: The Brady Street entrance locks at 6:30pm and you will not be able to enter the building after that time.
- More Events